About Our District
Welcome to Tiffin City Schools,
the heart of Ohio's Education City!
Tiffin is a beautiful city with well-shaded streets, situated on the banks of the historic Sandusky River. The city of Tiffin is a proud community with over 150 years of heritage. Today our town is home to over 17,000 residents, who enjoy a life that is a near-perfect blend of history and progress, of urban and rural living. The Tiffin area has deep roots in agriculture, which support many local industries and businesses. Beautiful Hedges-Boyer Park and the historic Ritz Theatre provide opportunities for relaxation and entertainment for the entire family. Because Tiffin is home to a great public school system, a parochial school system, Heidelberg University, and Tiffin University, it is also known as the "Education Community."
Tiffin is the county seat of Seneca County, one of the richest agricultural and stock-raising counties in the state. Its manufacturing interests are quite diversified, making for industrial stability. The combination of industry and agriculture provides a sound foundation for the community's prosperity. Tiffin is located less than fifty miles from two important lake ports, served by two trunk-line railroads, and by excellent motor truck facilities. Tiffin's location is advantageous for the assembly of raw materials and the distribution of finished products over a wide area.
Tiffin City Schools is comprised of three elementary buildings; one middle school, housing grades 6-8; and one high school consisting of grades 9-12. Currently, approximately 2,820 students are being served by Tiffin City Schools staff members dedicated to educational excellence. The commitment of TCS is best exemplified by its mission and belief statements.
- Our District should be a source of pride for our community.
- Collaboration with parents, students and staff will foster an environment of respect and acceptance.
- High expectations are directly related to student achievement.
- Our schools should provide the foundation to succeed in a global society.
- It is essential for our school system to embrace diversity, creating an environment where everyone feels welcome.
- Our schools must be safe, promote a positive learning atmosphere, and be organized around the needs and interests of our students.
- Each person has intrinsic value and worth and is a unique individual.
- Every student should positively contribute to their community.
- Our school will foster an environment of respect and acceptance.
- Our schools should provide the technological skills to contribute to a global society.
- Our schools should provide the appropriate social skills to thrive in a global society.
- Our schools must be safe, physically and emotionally, for a positive learning environment.
- Parent, Student, and Staff accountability will foster success.
- Every child needs skills in conflict resolution, problem solving, and innovative thought process.
Comments and suggestions are always welcome.